Monday, December 14, 2009

Minutes to Midnight


It's nine minutes to midnight and here's a little recap of my day:

Woke up a little late and started the day with an episode of "Art & the City" on Ovation. Today was Paris. My favorite artist they profiled was Fabien Verschaere(he's the short man on the left). He's so adorable and funny. Not to mention very talented. You can see some of his work here: {http://www.artnet.com/artist/424874530/fabien-verschaere.html}

Did lots of reading online

Broke out my yoga mat and did a short fifteen minute session. My sister and I plan on going to some classes over our winter break. I already love doing yoga, but I hope she loves it just as much. It would be such a nice activity for us. During the summer we take walks at dusk to chat and get some fresh, evening air. We would see the regular people every night. I really miss it right now.

Finally my sister, dad and myself headed to meet with our therapist. Our mother died in April and we're all seeking some outside help. She is the most wonderful person. Afterwards we had dinner and went to look for a new tree topper. My mom always put up a really tiny angel that was passed on to her(I think that's the story). Anyway, it's always looked disproportionate on the tree. This year we hung it on the tree but will put a larger topper up. It's about finding new traditions but still honoring my mother.

I came home and cleaned my room to a soundtrack of:
the Roots, the "Once" soundtrack, Mason Jennings, and David Gray.

Today was a good day. The yoga relaxed me and the therapy helped to release some tears. I always feel so refreshed after crying.

Tomorrow I plan on doing some painting before work!

Good night, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment