Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When I visited my aunt in London over the summer, I almost died as I walked into the living room of her flat and was dwarfed by floor to ceiling bookshelves. (The books took up an entire wall!) And each night of my stay I slept on the couch below them. Glancing up every once in a while wanting to just stay inside and read them. But then again, I was in London and that would be silly.

It's so refreshing to read the words of my fellow nerds. They love the look, smell and magic that a book holds. Whether it's buying a new release from your favorite author or searching for that first edition of a classic, they still hold that sense of wonder for me. Like something amazing is about to happen.

As of right now I'm reading "Saving Fish From Drowning" by Amy Tan. See my previous post if you'd like to read an excerpt from the book.

And a recommendation or two:
"The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein
"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald(even better the second time)
"Rosie Dunne" by Cecelia Ahern(author of P.S. I Love You.) Also titled "Love, Rose"

Just a few that I've read lately. Check them out and fall in love with them the same way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment